09 March 2009

Craving...

Green

...anything! (outdoors, that is)



















Farmers Market

...supplying more than meats.






















A trip

This one may not be too far behind. Michael is most likely taking a business trip out to Portland, first week in April, and I may tag along for a portion of it. I've only been through Oregon, when I was 11 and a miserable member of the caravan from MN to CA (a van containing 10 people traveling all those miles...not my idea of a lovely family vacation). I'm looking forward to seeing the West coast, especially this time of year. Green!!




















A hug from my mom

There is nothing that compares. A hug from anyone else is a different hug altogether - not necessarily better or worse, just different. I may be heading to Brainerd this week or next, so it's not far away.





















Space

Our apartment has been overrun with Michael's electronics hobbies! I'm only kind of complaining. And, actually not really complaining at all, because this is a result of him having established himself a community of creative people for inspiration, and of him quitting World of Warcraft (!!!). I'm just pining for a space that is uncluttered, not only for my sanity (visual chaos does not sit well with me), but for doing yoga, painting, feeling otherwise inspired. I don't feel the least bit inspired in clutter and mess. In fact, I feel the opposite. Soon enough, though. This house we're moving into has just enough space, and I'm really looking forward to having just a few square feet more. The basement ("family room") will serve as the "activity center", so all the mess will be down there and out of sight, and I'll have a living room again (!). The baby's room will be pretty empty for a while, so I may be able to utilize that space for myself for a while too. And, of course, a yard...

2 comments:

andy said...

Ahh, the basement- the traditional haunt of handy guys everywhere!

Pen said...

Oh yes... I am totally there with you. Even our tiny farmer's market in Brainerd is missed. I just can't wait to plant, walk barefoot in the grass... all that is not winter! :o)